[Gpdd] HEALTH. Doris

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Jun 30 08:00:44 EDT 2010

Pat,

I am sorry to read that Doris is not gettting about too well and am wondering what to say.

It may not be at all relevant but my elderly Barley was reluctant to move a couple of weeks ago. He was eating his veggies but laying down while he ate. It transpired that he has arthritis in his back legs. Most of the time he runs around normally but after he has been laying down for a while, his little legs are stiff and it takes him a while to get going. At my age, I know how he feels.

I gave him 1ml. Osteocare daily for three days, followed by 0.5ml for a few more days. He is having Children's Nurofen as a painkiller and I have started him on Potter's Tabritis tablets, which were so effective for my late Diamond. Tomorrow, I am going to stop the Nurofen and see if the Tabritis will be enough for him as it was for Diamond. I will watch him very carefully and see how he is.

After only two days on the Osteocare, he was moving much more freely and now looks to be walking normally. He gets up from a nap and walks straightaway.

If Doris is still a bit gassy, it never hurts to give a dose of Infacol or gripe water ( or whatever the remedy of choice is overseas.)

I am very sorry that you lost your elderly cat and hope that the vet can sort Doris out without causing you any further worry.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.