[Gpdd] HEALTH. Doris Update

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 30 18:08:14 EDT 2010

Thanks to everyone for their care and concern for little Doris.  I just came back from going to check on her during my lunch break, and she is behaving a little more like herself every day.  Today she is spending the day in her pigloo as she usually did before all this started, and she has almost finished her pellets off (she has been eating her veggies and greens almost normally all along, but for the first few days, she was hardly eating any pellets at all).

As Penny and Birdie suggested, I have been giving her some extra calcium every day --- I don't know for sure if this is what turned the tables, but she did begin the improvement the day after I started to give it so that looks like a good indication to me!   I was still intending to take her into the vet for a checkup today, but it's over 30 degrees celsius here today (that's about 88 degrees fahrenheit) and my car isn't air conditioned so I might hold off for a cooler day.  Now that she is such a senior piggie, I'm no longer inclined to take any discomfort too lightly, especially in a situation where she is likely to be a bit stressed anyhow...

So THANKS AGAIN, it's such a help to have such a wonderful support group out there; I know you have saved the lives of many piggies and the sanity of many of their slaves, too ---

                                                          Pat S.