[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge]<Remembering Alge - personal note>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 09:11:00 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to share something that concerns the post I wrote on
http://rememberingalge.blogspot.com/
I refer to a message Alge once sent me when Jan the Boar (and us!) just
joined the GPDD.

When my phd ended ended I had to apply for jobs and somehow all these
recruiters knew I loved guinea pigs (and that I was a bit odd..)
This was not AFTER meeting me (which is inevitable) but before the
interview..

What happened back then, is that I used my emailadress that contained my
full name for the GPDD.
So when you googled me; you'd get this particular message from alge (Jan the
boar overcomes his shyness)
So in many interviews I ended up talking about guinea pigs and Alge.

Grtz
Janneke
p.s. I do not regret this btw; employers like it when you can handle new
technologies and are fluent in English and I learnt that through my guinea
pig friends (I always pointed that out when they asked). And having a sense
of humor never hurt anyone. Furthermore, I wouldnt want to work for someone
who would be annoyed by my guinea pig obsession. That would be a bad
marriage anyway. Best to know that beforehand. The interviewers that hired
me also told me later that it added just a bit of extra personality and that
they liked it. I did change my emailaddy though..