[Gpdd] HEALTH: calcium oxcelate crystals

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 10 09:47:00 EST 2010

Hi,

Peaches was peeing blood so I took her to the vet on Monday.  The vet found lots of calcium oxcelate crystals and blood in her urine.  No stones on the xray.  He put her on Sulfatrim.

Peaches is 4 1/2 and I am so glad we do not need to operate for a stone.  Our first GP, Tribbles, had an operation for a stone and did well.

The vet wants us to get more water in her, but she never drank much.  We are giving her extra lettuce and hope that will help.

Kids and pets, why do they always get sick right before you are going away for vacation?!  My pig sitter has a huge dog, I can just see her trying to get a tiny syringe in little Peaches' mouth.

Dee