[Gpdd] [ANNOUCEMENT] Guinea pig petition

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Thu Mar 11 17:42:29 EST 2010

This gp food thing in Peru has bothered me allot, but it's been happening
for a long long time, and is an ingrained cultural thing.  So I am more
interested in preventing this new idea of introducing them to Africa as a
food source, that plan needs to be quashed. There is a group called Heifer
Intl. that sponsors donations for food animals to various countries, the
animal is a culturally appropriate one, so Peru used to feature guinea pigs,
I think there must have been protests so they now ask people to sponsor
chickens for Peru, but I saw guinea pigs referenced elsewhere so apparently
they just put them in the closet. One way we might actually be successful is
to work with Heifer to sponsor more chickens as living sources of eggs for
food. Of course we cant keep them from their roast chickens but probably
allot of us still eat chicken. I have been working for years dropping
animals from my diet, and now eat it rarely. And maybe Heifer would be an
outlet to provide alternate food sources for this African project, its allot
easier to stop the practice from spreading to new areas than to curtail it
in  where its been done for centuries. And we can try to get Heifer to stop
offering gp's anywhere. Just my opinion, although the thought of the Peru
thing makes me ill.
Heifer Intl.
http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/?msource=kwg538&gclid=CI_0i8DisaACFRmjagodsFdIUQ
Sandy who is not discussing it with Sammy