[Gpdd] [Health]: Baby DJ has a heart murmur!

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 23:36:31 EDT 2010

I dont know of any piggy who has had a heart murmur, but I was born with
one, an aortic murmur, other valves can be defective and have murmurs, some
mean little. If it progresses I will have to have valve replacement surgery,
I would watch him for breathing or wheezing problems and for water
retention, or if he seems unusually lethargic. Otherwise he may be like me
and live 3/4 of a lifetime without it being a concern or cause for
disability. But that's me, I just don't know about piggies for sure,
hopefully someone will have real experience.

If one breeder has a persistent health problem like fungal infections I
think it should be addressed. Maybe the vet could advise you or the local
ASPCA.best regards and healing  happy wheeks  Sandy and Sammy