[Gpdd] Health: Rescue

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 18:57:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thought you might be interested in this rescue.  What are people thinking when they do this?  They are certainly not thinking of the animals.

"Ten guinea pigs were rescued the evening of March 24th and brought to the Medfield Animal Shelter. A kind person happened to be out horseback riding earlier in the day when her horse stopped to eat some grass and there were the abandoned piggies. It would only give us a headache to wonder what mean person abandoned these guinea pigs amidst acres and acres of quiet trails and why they did it, especially in this weather which is much too cold for guinea pigs. So we can forget about that and just be happy that the horse picked this spot to grab a bite to eat and the rider was smart enough and caring enough to go back and rescue all these nice guinea pigs. Several appear to be under one year old. They are all sweet and gentle, some more shy, some more outgoing and social. The piggies went to our wonderful veterinarian on 3/25 and were separated by gender. Their rescuer adopted a pair of males, and her sister adopted a pair of females, so there are now 6
 looking for new homes."

Joe and I have volunteered as fosters if they need us.  There has been a good response from people wanting to adopt, so maybe they will all get homes soon.

Dee, Joe and Jodie - missing Peaches very much.