[Gpdd] [HEALTH] polycystic ovaries and skin tags

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sun May 2 13:16:50 EDT 2010

Dear Penny and the GPDD Family,

I only drain very large fluid filled ovarian cysts using a needle. In
all other cases especially where there is hair loss I give HCG like your
rodentologist does. I give a 0.2 ml subcutaneous injection of 1000 USP
units of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. This is repeated in one month,
sometimes a third injection is needed.

Regarding the the skin tags, callouses or extra toes, if they are not
bothering the piggys I leave them alone. When a cavy is born with an
extra toe I cut it off with small scissors. I usually don't even need to
use styptic powder because the blood supply to the extra toe is so
small. But if the skin tag tends to get caught in hay or interfere in
how the cavy walks I keep it trimmed short with scissors.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.