[Gpdd] HEALTH - Hay and poked eyes

Janna Hoskin janna at thehoskincentre.com
Tue May 4 15:13:02 EDT 2010

What about a hay ball
http://www.petco.com/product/13699/Super-Pet-Rollin-The-Hay-Spinning-Hay-and-Salad-Dispenser.aspx?
I have one of these (in storage right now, so Guido doesn't get to use it).
It's a hay bin that is a plastic ball with a wire strip around the middle.
You put the hay in and it sticks out the sides. You can hang it from the
cage using the stand. The stand also will hold the ball up off the ground if
you set it on the cage floor, or you can just not bother with the stand and
you have an instant toy as well as a hay dispenser!

Katonia poked herself in the eye once. It was during her adventures
squeezing under the divider between her and Napoleon. She was fine.

-Janna

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." Karen
Cushman