[Gpdd] MISC.: Amelia the Mouse

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Fri May 7 15:31:20 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I gave in to temptation and went down to our local animal shelter to adopt a teeny tiny little white mouse who had been living there for about a month.  (I check their website for guinea pigs once or twice a week, and the search that shows any piggies they have (they haven't had any for a while) also shows mice --- it wasn't as if I was really LOOKING for a mouse...it was an accident, I swear!!!)

I know I've seen other GPDD folks mention that they also have mice, and I could really use some experienced advice and recommendations for websites, reference books, etc.  I didn't have time to get any proper mouse food, so I just mixed her up an assortment of the rabbit and guinea pig pellets I had on hand and stuffed the hidey hole in her cage with nice fresh hay, which I hope will do her for the moment...

Also, at the moment, she's on the main floor of my house, far away from the guinea pigs.  She is so tiny, I'm sure it would not be safe for them to meet face to face anyhow, but could she or they be carrying bacteria or bugs that might be harmful to each other?  I'm not sure how careful to be about washing up between visiting the different beasties...

                                                           Pat S.