[Gpdd] Gpdd (Health) Ovarian cysts

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Thu May 13 11:14:39 EDT 2010

Dear Greig,

I had two sows with ovarian cysts.  I never had them spade as that operation
is very tough and tricky for piggies.  The first girl, Gin Gin, had also a
heart condition and was on lasix (furosimide).  It was odd as her cysts were
not such an issue.  She actually, somehow, was thin ine day, and when I told
the vet, they said the cysts could have just gone away on their own.  They
never really came back --unfortunately though, she got pneumonia.

Cheyenie had developed assive cysts and we were going to have the vet drain
them but Cheyenie had other plans, as she went to join her pal, Rufie, at
Rainbow Bridge.  Finally, she was free from the burden of her body that held
her down.  Now she could run, popcorn, and play at the bridge with Rufie and
the others, including Gin Gin.

If they are not too big I would say even so, spaying is a risk but it is the
only sure way that they won't come back. best of luck and my apologies if
you have already decided to take action within the interim of your post,
which was about 13 days ago.  I will be reading up.

Ciao Everyone and
Every pig!
Love, Ellen and piggies and bun