[Gpdd] HEALTH: Old pellets

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 17 14:10:25 EDT 2010

I just switched Puff over to timmy pellets, and was surprised to find the alfalfa pellets smelled like stale flour (not mold, thank goodness). So, let your nose be your guide, even if the pellets are well within their expiration date. I've found some Kaytee pellets that smelled stale from the time I opened them. I'm sure my garden plants won't care if their pellet mulch is fresh! That's where the old stuff is going.

Also, I should be getting the new Mama-something hay any day now. I can hardly wait!

Joanie