[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge: Dunya ;'(

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:47:02 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Some of you have already heard from me,
and it's with a sad heart that I have to let you know,
that my precious girl Dunya has crossed the bridge last saturday.

Last wednesday we noticed that Dunya seemed to have trouble eating.
And for quite sometime she had been eating slower than the others...

My boyfriend took her to the vet, and they checked her teeth, lungs,
temperature
all seemed fine. We got some painkiller and critical care to get more feed
into her.
She said to call if she did not get better, or worse..
The next day was ascension day, so everything was closed, vet was only open
for emergencies.
Dunya did not do better, but then again she did not seems worse either.
As I was going to France the next day I told my boyfriend to take her to vet
again, to have her teeth checked thoroughly.
The vet checked the teeth and found that she had a little hook on one of her
molars,
and on the other side she had a sore...
Vet fixed the teeth and gave extra painkillers. She seemed better after that
according to my boyfriend.
I asked him to send me a message, before he would leave the house on
saturday. He was going to a vintage ball.

I got the message saying she still wasn't doing great and he was afraid she
did not get enough food into herself.
He fed her some extra critical care, before he left.. He also said she
wasn't doing worse.
So I decided to go home (was coming back on saturday evening) instead of
travelling on the where the ball was,
to check on her, give her the painkiller and whatever she needed.

When I got home, she did not look good, sitting hunched up looking
miserable.
So I started with giving her painkiller. Since there were a few hours
between my boyfriend leaving and me getting home,
I thought she must have been hungry, so I made some critical care...
I then tried to syringe that to her, she struggled quite a bit, but i did
get it there. But then she did not seem to want or be able to swallow.
So i flushed it away with some water, and then heard her jaws munch.
I wasn't to keen on this not wanting to swallow, she I kept her close to me.
I told her to fight, and get better if she could.
And fight she did.
At first she's still struggled a lot when i picked her up or tried to look
at her teeth, but that gradually got less,
and she was starting to feel more limp... It took 3 hours before she drifted
away from me..
During that time, i just kept her close to me, and tried to comfort her.

She looked really calm when she passed away...

I do and will really miss having my beautiful himalayan girl around!
I still remember when i picked her up at the breeder that gave her up.
Dunya had this little heart shaped white spot on her nose, which she passed
to her kid, that made her unfit to breed.
She had a litter before she was 7 months old and came to me. All her kids
were stillborn.
And Dunya was really small when I got her, only 690 grammes.
She was very interested in my girls Lotje and Guiny. The first day we had
her in a cage next to the other girls.
Dunya would jump on top of the house to have a good look into the other
cage.
We had quite some trouble bonding her with especially Guiny.
Guiny wanted to be boss, but small as Dunya was then, she did not want to
give in to Guiny's reign.
We caught Guiny with white tufts of hair in her mouth a lot.
Luckily after a while it turned out just fine and they did end up getting
along.
She was a feisty lady, I remember her meeting my sisters Jan the Boar.
She was very clear that she did not want a rumbling boar around her!

At my sister's she also had her first real floortime. It was around
christmas time and she ran and ran around the tree
and we made a little video of it.
She also became pet of the day in June, 2007
You can still see her here: http://petoftheday.com/archive/2007/June/10.html
I also has the video of her running around the tree.

Then when Lotje died the girls (Guiny and Dunya) were affected, both were
real good friends with lotje.
Lotje was the glue that kept them together.
They did not really know what to do just the 2 of them together.
It all got a lot better when we got Woopy, that completely changed the group
dynamics, and they became one group again.

After a while Guiny died, and after having Chico helped he joined the group
of Woopy and Dunya.
I expected some trouble bonding them, but boy was that easy!
They never had any trouble being together, and got along as if they had
never done otherwise.

Dunya sort of became the alpha piggie and was really sweet. She and my
boyfriend got along great.
She would give him piggie kisses and enjoy having lap time with him.

I'm sad she left us, as she was the last of my original Winky girls
(eventhough Lotje and Guiny started that),
I have many sweet memories of her, and was glad to be there for her, when
the end was near...

Sad wheeks,
the remaining Winky girl and Valentine: Woopy and Chico
and slave Mieke

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl