[Gpdd] CARE: Kleenmama's Hay

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat May 22 21:21:54 EDT 2010

Yesterday, Sammy's order of a 15 lb. box of 3rd cut Timmy Hay arrived from
Kleenmama's.  I opened it, it was lush, no sticks, so deep green it looked
almost wet, but it wasn't.  I cleaned out his cage real quick as his nose
was in the air and hunting around. The first big handful, he didn't
hesitate, amazingly he dove into the center of it until he was immediately
gone from view.   He knew not to do that with Kaytee, it would have put his
eye out, this was just a joy to see.  But he didn't eat it last night, he's
a very cautious fellow. Today when I got up it was 100% gone, not a scrap of
it any where, and when he wheeked as soon as saw me I knew it was for more
hay as he didn't wait till I got to the kitchen which is when he usually
wheeks for greens. So I indulged him with more hay and went to the kitchen,
he never peeped, he was too busy munching hay, and when I came out with my
breakfast he wasn't climbing the walls for his romaine, he was munching hay.

So all in all I would say this time Kleenmama's is a big success. I had
tried them a year or two ago and had to return it, it didn't look anything
like this hay, and he never would eat it. This year is much better. Sammy
recommends it.  Sandy and happy Shipwreck Sam