[Gpdd] HEALTH

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 10:57:21 EDT 2010

Last month Sugar got an eye infection.  The vet wasn't sure if she poked it with hay or scratched it herself with her paw. She prescribed drops and some other meds and Sugar's eye cleared up within a few days.  But that was almost a month ago and she hasn't come back to her old self.  No begging and climbing the bars in the morning and not eating all her treats.  She is just laying in a corner of the cage if she comes out of her pigloo at all.  She isn't drinking much and is hardly eating anything.  I have an appointment tomorrow with the vet.  I hope that she will be OK.  I know I shouldn't have favorites, but she is my favorite.  I've only had her a little under a year and I've become very attached to her.  I ordered the Kleanmama hay a week ago and it should be in any day now.  I figured even with the high cost of shipping, it is still cheaper than paying $100 for visit to the vet.  I just hope they like it.  Hope I have some good news.  And to all
 who have lost a piggie, my deepest sympathy.  The only downside to keeping guinea pigs is their short life span.  I swear I will never get more, but I always do.  Just can't help myself.
Grace, Sugar, Peanut, Gus, Rusty and Babe (with Oreo and Pork Chop at the Bridge