[Gpdd] [Care} Pregnant Guinea Pig and Pellets

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Thu May 27 13:33:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have put a bowl of alfalfa pellets in Zoe and Lily's cage.  Should I take out the timothy based ones for now?  Lily is in with Zoe and she isn't pregnant. One problem is we do not know how old these piggies are.  They appear full grown and have the toe nails of younger pigs.

My concern is that Zoe may be too old to have pups.  She doesn't appear to have had them before this pregnancy.  When we think her time is near Joe and I will be on "baby watch" and make sure one of us is home at all times if we can.  If she has trouble Tufts Vet School animal hospital is about 45 minutes away.  I have never heard of a GP surviving a cesarean.  I know, I am obsessing too much!

I am curious too about the milk and bread.  When Tribbles was with pups Penny of Brier Patch Cavery told me to give it to her but I don't remember why.

Dee, Joe, Auntie Jody and Lily, and momma-to-be Zoe.

Save the earth - it is the only planet with chocolate!