[Gpdd] Rainbowbridge: Thank you's on the passing of Dunya

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:44:14 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am overwelmed with all of your sweet condolences for the passing of my
darling Dunya.
It's now almost 2 weeks ago that she left, but the cage still seems soo
empty.
Woopy and Chico seem to be coping just fine.
It's seems like we are more affected then the piggies are, though Woopy
reacts to the name Dunya
when we talk to her and looks like she is searching for her when we mention
her name...

Thank you all for you sweet words, Also I send my condolences to everyone
that has lost a piggy recently,
grace and other that passed away lately which we might not know of... I know
of smoe but not sure if it's been announced to the GPDD yet.

On a happier note, we decided we wanted to find some new life for the
piggies, and last weekend have travelled through the country to visit some
adorable young ones, Silveragouti US teddy sows to be exactly!
They were born from 2 different litters and breeders on 12 and 13 may.
So we need to wait a few weeks before they can come home with us.
Which is good, i think, because we can give it a bit of time to mourn Dunya.

The funny thing we found out about the 2 little sows, is that they are
related.
We saw the pedigree of one, and I recognised the name of the grandfather of
one of the piggies.
Her mom's dad turns out to be the same as the other one's dad.
Would that make one, the aunt of the other?

Anyway, we thought about getting just one, but then we saw two and couldn't
choose.
Plus we kind of have the space for two....
I does mean though as they grow up we should build a bigger cage, but hey,
we wanted to build a new cage anyways
(great excuse for getting 2 right?)

Anyways, we took pigtures of them and are thinking of names. I really liked
Janet's piggie Lily, who was also a silvergaouti. so I will name one Lily.
They M said we should go with flower names so the other one will most likely
be named Daisy. I like Daisy as well, cause in the netherlands we used to
have a TV series named Dunya and Desie (dutch spelling for Daisy), about 2
girls friendship and them being of different nationalities (i.e. Dutch and
Maroccan).
http://picasaweb.google.com/pandameisje/NieuweMuisjes?authkey=Gv1sRgCKu7rMfc4ZKogQE&feat=directlink
To see them!! I hope you like them just as much... Baby piggies are soo
cute!

Grtz,
Mikey and the Winky girl Woopy and Valentine Chico

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com

Blog: http://pandameisje.hyves.nl
Cavia website: www.guinygirlz.nl