[Gpdd] HEALTH

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 10:37:45 EDT 2010

The vet saw Sugar yesterday and it could be "bad" or "very bad".  Every lymph node in her body is enlarged.  But the good news is the vet said that pigs are prone to this when they have a severe infection.  So she aspirated one of the lumps and I will know over the weekend hopefully if it is cancer or not.  She was optimistic that it is only an infection because Sugar is only about 2 years old.  I adopted her so I don't know her exact age but the vet said she is young.  She is on a very strong antibiotic and some pain meds.  I bought pedialite because she stopped drinking and she really liked it.  She had two of the big syringes last night.  I was so pleased.  I didn't try to give her critical care.  It is just too much of a fight and I want to get the meds and liquid into her without wearing her out too much.  This morning she actually stayed out of her pigloo fooling around with her hay a little bit.  This is the first time in weeks that she didn't run
 back in and stay there all day.  I am waiting for my Kleenmama hay.  I think I should get it today.  I have to bring Sugar back to the vet Tuesday.  If she can cancer, I will have to help her to the Bridge, but I'm hoping it is just an infection and Tuesday will be a follow-up visit.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  We need them.
Grace, Sugar, Peanut, Gus, Rusty and Babe (with Oreo and Pork Chop at the Bridge)