[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Ginger Jellyroll

Kathryn Skosich kskosich at msn.com
Mon Nov 22 13:11:16 EST 2010

Today we had to help Ginger Jellyroll on her way to the Rainbow Bridge. My daughter brought Ginger home five years ago after Ginger was left in a pet store late at night. Ginger had very thick, soft, shiny red hair and a sweet smiling expression. She was very timid and liked to arrange her furniture so that she could get around the hutch mostly in tunnels. She didn't make much noise, except at feeding time, and had almost silent purr. Ginger liked to be carried outside to eat fresh grass and vegetables. She enjoyed her hutch but missed her neighbor Pookie after he died earlier this year.

This is the first time in seventeen years that I have not had a guinea pig. The breakfast nook looks bare without hutches. Ginger was the thirteenth guinea pig. I know she will be amazed when she gets to the Rainbow Bridge and finds out how many cousins she has. Good-bye Ginger, you were a sweet and cuddly little friend and we will miss you dearly. --Kathy in CO (with Millie the bloodhound who just brought me a sympathy toy and Shaggy the cat)