[Gpdd] Bridge: Princess Snowflake is gone... :(

leah.mcneil at wellsfargo.com leah.mcneil at wellsfargo.com
Mon Nov 22 13:25:00 EST 2010

I have some Sad news...
I lost my Princess Snowflake last week. She had been going downhill
for a while now. And she would have her good days and her bad days,
but she was always an energetic and bossy pig so I tried not to worry
about her too much. Last Wednesday, I noticed that she didn't drink
as much water as usual so I kept an eye on her all day. She was eating
her pellets and hay so I wasn't too concerned. But, then that evening,
she stopped eating and drinking and I saw some blood in her urine so
I started syringing her water. I stayed up with her most of the night
cuddling with her and trying to convince her to eat and drink. In the
morning, I started force-feeding her Critical Care and I made an
appointment with her Vet. Her breathing had also slowed down quite
a bit but her eyes still looked bright. But, on the way to Dr. Griffin's,
I knew what I had to do. She had also stopped producing beans, and
started to feel a little limp when I held her. On the way to Dr. G's,
I cried and cried and decided to call Princess Snowflake's Daddy (my
Ex-Husband) so that he could say Good-bye to her. After we got there,
they put us in a room and I held her some more and then as they weighed
her, she started gasping for air so they ran her to the back but her heart
must have given out. They tried to bring her back, but she was Gone... :(
I let Bertie Pig see her so that he knew that she had gone to the Bridge
and I kissed her over and over and told her how much I Loved her...

I will never forget Princess Snowflake, my little Diva Pig. She came to
own me on September 30, 2007. I was volunteering at the Charlotte-
Mecklenburg Animal Shelter at the time and my Volunteer Leader had
called me to tell me that I had to see this pig. I wasn't really all that
excited because I hadn't felt anything with any of the other pigs in the
shelter. But, when I met the Princess, it was a magical moment. She
was so full of energy and personality and she and I clicked right from
the beginning, so I just had to bring this pig home. Princess was a
throw-a-way pig, as some family moved away and just left her in their rented
trailer home along with a couple of hamsters (caged-separately, of course).
I couldn't believe that someone would just leave their pets and move away.
Luckily, the owner found them all and brought them to the shelter. They
had named her 'Chatty' because she was constantly 'talking'. I guess she
just had a lot to say. Blaine (Ex-Husband) and I renamed her 'Princess
Snowflake' because it seemed more fitting. She was an all-white Abby
with blue eyes. She was Gorgeous. Obviously, she took Great pigtures
as she Loved the Camera and the Camera Loved her right back! During
floor time, she would gallop like a horse. She had this dainty, little walk
and it was so cute. Like most Abyssinians, she was very Strong-Willed and
Opinionated. She was a Bossy pig--it was either Her Way or the Highway!
She had a sweet tooth and her Favorite fruits included strawberry, grapes,
honeydew melon, and cantaloupe.

Princess Snowflake was featured as Miss February in the 2009 Pet Piggies
on Parade Calendar for Cavymadness.com. She also had her own Blog on
the SmallAnimalChannel.com website where the whole world followed her
Adventures as she fell in Love and Married the Love of her Life, Teddy of
New York. In addition, her pigture (along with her brother, Bertie) was
featured in CRITTERS USA magazine twice--in the 2010 edition and also
the 2011 edition. Princess Snowflake made me very Proud to say the least.
Since she came to own me, she lived in 3 different places, been with me
through 2 moves and 1 Divorce. She brought nothing but Joy into my Life.
She is survived by her Husband: Teddy, her Brother: Bertie Pig, and her
Mommy and Daddy Slaves. I miss my Princess Snowflake so much, but she
is in a Good place. I am waiting to get her ashes back and also her DNA
pendant necklace. I got her pendant in baby pink, which was her favorite
color. I know in my Heart that I will see her again one day, but until then--

Goodbye, my Princess Snowflake. Your Mommy Slave will Always Love You...