[Gpdd] Health: Who peed red in the Kitchen?

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 09:37:48 EST 2010

Hi all guinea pig lovers,

I have a question, my piggies had floortime in the kitchen last weekend,
and one of my 4 pigs peed red.
I guess it was blood, as they didn't have anything red to eat.

I didn't see who did it...
We checked them all.
Lily looked like she peed, but she was just a little yellow down there, not
red.
Daisy has been having some swollen periods, she looked and felt like a
little balloon,
we have been giving her something to relieve the gas (if that's what is
 was). It helped.
Chico need cleaning out on a regular basis down there, he did have some dark
coloured mucus down there earlier.
Woopy has weird poos, they are lighter brown than usual... I think it was
Woopy in the end who peed red.
I heard her whining later when peeing, and she has had this red pee before.
If anyone has any good ideas how to decide who it was, they are welcome to
let me know.

Last time when Woopy had peed red, she had a checkup, nothing was found, we
only looked very uncomfortable when we and vet touched her down there...
They did echo and x ray, nothing showed up.
If it's still bothering her i will take her to the vet soon, but i'm afraid
the vet will not find anything again...
Do any of you have an idea what it wrong?
Vet thought it could be UTI (bladder infection) or stones of some kind...
Also do you have any recommendations what the vet could do to determine what
it is?
I'm not sure if this could be the dreaded bladder or Kidney stones... but
would like to know if that would be it,
so we can hopefully catch this early...

I'm pretty much in worried slave mode, so any tips and ideas about what to
do, how to diagnose, and such are welcome!

On a more happy note, Woopy and the others will eat Shilintong pills out of
our hands, so if it's a problem in the baldder area that should help her...

Grtz
worried slave Mieke

pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com