[Gpdd] Health: Who peed red in the Kitchen?

ME me at buddies.org
Thu Nov 25 02:09:00 EST 2010

If Woopy is crying while urinating, it does sound like a UTI or stones/sludge.  Did Woopy cry the last time when nothing was found?

If it is a UTI, she'll probably need antibiotics ... possibly a couple different ones to completely eradicate the infection.  I also gave the pig 100% cranberry juice (not cocktail or sweetened).  I'm not sure if it did anything with one of my pigs, but I think it helped keep infections away from two others.

One thing I've noticed with UTIs is that often at first, a pig gains weight at first, but then loses quite a bit.  I weigh my pigs at least weekly, up to 3 times a day on those I put on a health watch.