[Gpdd] HEALTH- fecal impactions

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 27 16:02:45 EST 2010

Elisabeth-
You are doing nothing wrong. Winkie is an older male & impaction is common for them. It can be easily remedied by yourself as many people have told you by now. My first piggie Albert had this problem & after a couple trips to the vet he taught me how to clean it out myself. My technique was as follows:
My husband would hold Albert on his lap with Albert's butt hanging off the edge of the towel. He would distract Albert with lettuce. I would take several q-tips with mineral oil on them & *gently* put the tip into the pocket & slide out the offending gob of poo. Make sure you have your q-tips, oils, tissues, etc. ready to go beforehand. It is a messy & smelly process but you get used to it. You are doing nothing wrong diet-wise. It is just a fact of piggie life as boars get older. I used to have to do Albert every couple of nights, but I would check him everynight just to be sure. Let me know if you need anymore help. Take care!
~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty?ga_search_query=aintthatcrafty&ga_search_type=seller_usernames