[Gpdd] Health: Not eating pellets

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 10:40:48 EST 2010

I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to why Saralea suddenly stopped eating her pellets.....She used to really like her Cavy Performance but hasn't touched it in 5 days.  I didn't change bags of feed and even tried to give her Cavy Cuisine just to see if she would eat that.  Even used Luke's bowl as an added incentive to make it appear to be a real treat!  Nothing.

She's nearly 5 months old.  I've had her teeth examined by the vet and they look fine.  She was a little gassy, but not terribly so.  I gave her infant anti-gas meds. She eats her hay but is not drinking as much.  However, she still loves her veggies.  I'm having a problem with her taking Critical Care--a real fighter.  Stools look OK, but in lesser quantities. She keeps tugging at her blankets, cuddle cup, and seems to chew on Carefresh, but doesn't appear to be swallowing.  Activity level is normal--a very active piggie.  I'm keeping a close eye on her weight for fluctuations.  I'm stumped.

Janet