[Gpdd] [HEALTH]Panacur

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Fri Oct 1 23:15:51 EDT 2010

Dear Ginger and the GPDD Family,

Do you know the dose of Panacur that you are giving your piggy? I have
been prophylactically worming my piggys every 3 months with one dose of
10 mg of Panacur and 1 mg of Ivermectin for at least 20 years without
any side effects. When a new rescue arrives at Piggyville it is given 10
mg of Panacure for 5 days in a row. Also it is given 1 mg of Ivermectin
and the dose repeated in 10 days. Again I have never had any side
effects. I treat all piggys for parasites that have been living
together. Parasites just do not invade the gut. They can invade every
organ of the body. The parasites come from the hay, pellets and fresh
foods that you feed your piggys as well as other piggys and animals.
Panacur is used to worm dogs and cats and to treat children with pin
worms. It is a very safe drug. Did your vet do a urinalysis with a dip
stick that tests for blood, glucose, ketones, nitrates, white blood
cells, pH and specific gravity? To help your piggy regain weight I would
suggest you syringe feed or if he will eat pellets buy Critter Be Better
Digestive Health Probiotic Feed from American Pet Diner.
http://www.americanpetdiner.com
It comes as a powder or in pellet form.
Best of Health to all your piggys.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.