[Gpdd] [MISC]St. Francis of Assisi

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 12:14:08 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone-
St. Francis of Assisi died on October 3rd in the 1200s. As most know, he
was the lover of animals. In a lot of Catholic and Episcopal churches  (and I
am sure there are others as well), Saints are honored. On (or around
October 3rd), St. Francis is celebrated by the "Blessing of Animals."
Yesterday, I took Zion, Stryper, and Big Jim to a noon service at my church
 to be blessed. Houdini stayed home because he is very shy and jumpy around
other  people. All went well. The blessing was very sweet. About 15 people
attended the  blessing and all had dogs (except me). It was a beautiful day
and the blessing  was held outside on the church steps. Donations of food
for local pet rescues  were accepted as the offering.
Thanking God for the pets that bring so much joy into our lives-
Donna
Big Jim, Houdini, Stryper, and Zion