[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Harmony and Providence

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Oct 3 14:09:23 EDT 2010

ME, it was with much sadness that we read of the passings of Harmony and Providence.  We know this has been a difficult year for you, and our hearts go out to you.  We are so very sorry that Harmony wasn't herself after Grace and then Melody, her best buddy, passed away.  It does seem that piggies often hear the call of their friends from the Bridge and go to join them.  Please don't feel bad that you bonded with Melody more, since Melody was a cuddlepig and Harmony really wasn't.  You were doing the best thing you could do -- reading each piggie's needs and wants and respecting them.  It likely would have upset Harmony had you tried to cuddle her more.  You thought of her wishes rather than your own, and that shows how much you loved her.

We had so hoped that Providence would be able to overcome her UTI, and we knew you were doing everything you could.  Please don't second guess your decision to let the vet anesthetize her; sometimes it is just impossible to really know what to do.  Believe me, Providence felt all of your love and care, especially on her last day when you did your best to get some cranberry juice and water into her.  How sweet to hear of how much she enjoyed chin rubs but always insisted that lap time be limited to ten minutes -- obviously an opinionated girl.

Please don't ever think that you have failed your piggies.  Unfortunately death is inevitable; the important thing is the lives they live, and Harmony and Providence had wonderful ones, with excellent care.  They were both such lucky girls, and we know they knew it.  Please accept our condolences on their passings.

Sadly,
Cindy, Friday, and Ethan