[Gpdd] MISC: Providence getting darker

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 12:45:04 EDT 2010

ME and Everyone and Everypig -

You said that Providence, a gray agouti (?) grew darker as she got older and it reminded me of something.  In his book I Love Guinea Pigs, Dick King Smith (who also wrote the book that became the movie Babe, about the "other type of pig") wrote that he once had a gray sow who became darker as she got older, and that when she died, at a very old age for a guinea pig, she was almost black.

They are curious, fascinating, delightful creatures.  I'm glad that your herd is demanding your attention.  They, like Harmony, Melody and Providence, are lucky piglets, to be with you.

And may I echo Ellen's lovely sentiment that her piggies are there because she can (and chooses to) care for them.  I think all of us would agree.

Wheeks,

Rayna and Shakira
Taffy, Sundae, Tosca and Carmen in our hearts