[Gpdd] RB: Fatima

Hanna.Leppimaki at nordea.com Hanna.Leppimaki at nordea.com
Thu Oct 7 02:56:31 EDT 2010

Good morning all,

I've been in the Digest since 1995 and shared lots of good and bad news with you among the years. Last winter/spring you talked with me about my dear Fatima, who has some lumbs in her stomac. After all her condition went worse in that sence that it was difficultfor her to move, also her sides grew quite large without loosing hair, though. It was time to react, so we decided to do a surgery. Vet found ovarian cysts as expected, but also a small tumor.

Fatimas was well over 6 years that time. She did recover from surgery itself relatively well, I was really afraid I loose her the first night but she got better after that. Until she went downhill again. She got pneumonia and diarrhea and after intensive syringe feeding, ab's, metacam and primperan she finally got better. This all took about 3 to 4 weeks. In March 2010 she was a re-born piggie, her quality of life improved a lot, se started running and wheeking again. My biggest wish was that she'll make it until summer, so she can be outside and have fresh green grass. We live in Finland, so no outdoor until late May or June.

And she did!

We sat several times in the local park, the summer was extraordinary hot here in North. We also planned a party for her 7th birthday, that was going to be in July 23. One July Sunday when I came home and gave her (and her pal, Mr47) some grass, she walked away. OK, I thought, she doesn't want to eat. Fair enough, she is almost 7, it is ingredible HOT. We were supposed to go to country side that day and I did pack her and Mr47 and started driving. She is used to travelling and it's cool in the car, so I don't think it stressed her. There in the country she was outside, not eating. I took her to my lap, gave some water with syringe, she didn't resist but wasn't that keen on driking, either. So, it was evening, I took her to my lap and startet petting her. Her breathing went more and more quiet, I turned her gently from side to side every now and then, as her body started to loose the tense. After midnight the breathing became a bit difficullt for couple of minutes and calmed down again. And she had arrived to the Bridge to meet her old fellows. She was a week away from being 7 years old.

May the grass grow where ever you are, my adorable brown eyed piggy girl, Fatima <3.

Still missing a lot,
Hanna
Proud owner of Igor, Wilma, Pölö and Fatima, all the Bridge