[Gpdd] UPDATE: GPDD SPAM PROBLEM

Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Tue Oct 12 11:33:15 EDT 2010

  Hello everyone,

We think we have arrived at a solution to prevent the spam-bomb from
continuing to infect the GPDD. This is assuming that the mischief is not
deliberately intended.

In order for us to be certain the GPDD can remain as it is, we will need
everyone's cooperation: what we will be doing is *un-subscribing*
everyone, and you will need to re-subscribe. We realize that this will
be an inconvenience, but it's the only solution (short of switching the
Digest to a "forum" format) that has a reasonable chance of being effective.

In the next day or two, you will be getting an e-mail that says "You
have been Unsubscribed from the Guinea Pigs' Daily Digest"be That e-mail
will contain instructions on how to re-subscribe.

Unfortunately, you'll need to set up your subscription again
(preferences, single messages or Digest, etc.), but that should be all
you need to do.

Again, we're sorry this has to be done. But the alternative (links to
refinancing, or porno sites, or to a site where *your* computer will get
infected) is a lot worse!

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

The GPDD Team