[Gpdd] ANNOUCEMENT: The trio and the duo

ME me at buddies.org
Mon Oct 18 00:00:05 EDT 2010

Well, I've had Sequoia, Ebony, and Acacia for a little over a week now and they're settling nicely.  I decided they needed to be on antibiotics Friday morning as Ebony had a bit of discharge from her nose, Acacia had crusties, and Sequoia was losing weight ... and there was sneezing and snuffles going around ... they all also seemed to be less energetic than I thought they should be by now (though I couldn't be sure since I just got them).  When I took them to the vet the day after I got them, he gave me doses for them just in case (I still don't hear anything in their lungs, but they seem to be developing something).  It seems the antibiotics are working as everyone had crusties Saturday, but they're all gone now ... so are the snuffles ... still a bit of sneezing ... but now I have baby pigs racing around their house!

Destiny and Joy are doing well ... they seem so small in the big enclosure all by themselves ... but soon they'll have friends join them.  They are now referred to as the big babies (while Sequoia, Ebony, and Acacia are the little babies), since they really are still babies ... though they are close to full grown since they must be over six months old by now (brought home in May).  I hadn't been holding them this week since I've been sick, and I think they actually missed our cuddling time ... Joy actually cuddled close to my neck ... she usually wants to get off as soon as possible.  Destiny always enjoys a cuddle ... I never would have guessed she'd be the cuddler.