[Gpdd] Misc: We're back as well

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:02:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I like this everyone reintroduce themselves on the digest since we all had
the subscribe again.
I been a member for a few years (around same time Glynis joined) but of
course some have been
a member much longer and I have missed their introductions.

Okay, First welcome to you Bina, hope to hear more about your pigs.
I manage the undercoverguineapigs website (
http://undercoverguineapigs.blogspot.com/)
together with M, who had Agent F's website until he left us.
We can always have more agents!! So if any or all you pigs want to join let
me or M know,
or send an email directly to the blog.
I also manage some other guinea pig related sites (together with my sister
Janneke).
I would like to mention them here in short:
- http://rememberingalge.blogspot.com/ This website is dedicated to one of
our member who we lost
to her illness at the beginning of this year. We posted stories and memories
about our friend Alge here,
and Algernon the rat (the stuffed one, not the one who lives at M's dad; for
an explanation please see the blog)
is travelling around the world (mostly by post) to visit some of Alge
friends!
Anyone wanting to recieve him and take a pigture of him and your herd, and
maybe write some other stories
featuring Algernon Rat, let me know.
By the way, i'm really behind on new post for Algernon's adventure. Hope to
find time soon, sorry!
- The other website is http://scamps-gpdd.blogspot.com/
This website is for piggies belonging to the Senior Citizen Aged Miracle
pigs society,
Scamps are piggies of 5 years old or over. Latest addition is my sister
piggie Yaya, who turned 5 on the 20th this month!
Anyone wanting to add their scamps piggie to the website let me know, i'd
like to recieve a little story about your scamp
and a pigture if you have it.

Okay now for my introduction:
I'm Mieke, I live in the netherlands with my boyfriend Erwin (hooked on my
girls)
and 4 pigs Chico, a chocolate, ginger and white neutered Us-teddy boar 3
years old. We decided to have him neutered after much thought and
consideration, after his cage mate Toby died at the age of 1,5 years old.
Chico is a real darling,
he can be a bit skittish but he loves to be petted. He's a real dad to my
little ones, protecting them from grumpy woopy.
Woopy is a 2 year old lemon agouti (recently found that out! will have a
post of piggy snap for the lemon agouti's soon)
rex sow. While she is already 2 years old, she's still my little girl, a
little under 1 kg, and still looks small, and extremely cute she has a cream
(or lemon) stripe over her left shoulder. She like attention and a short pet
on head or shoulders.
Lily was born this year on 12 may. She's a silver agouti with white US teddy
sow, she's got a silver head, and one side is almost completely white. She's
a real explorer always climbing things and being the first to discover new
things when they have floortime. She is growing quite nicely and only 100
grammes short of Woopy's age! She has a white (bottom) lip, which i think
makes her look cheeky. Lily adores Chico, and Chico in his turn will protect
her when she's in the soft basket they have, of which woopy thinks as her
property. Chico will always lie in front of the basket when Lily is in
there...
Daisy was born this year on 13 may. Like Lily she is a silveragouti with
white Us Teddy sow only one day younger.
Lily and Daisy came to us together after our darling Dunya died in May. Lily
and Daisy are sort of related, Lily's grandpa is also Daisy's dad, what a
coincidence! These two get along really well, and i like having these
energetic furballs in the piggy pen, i t even makes the others more active.
Daisy had a white stripe over her nose. She is the loudest piggy we have and
also gaining on Woopy, she's about 150 grammes short of Woopy's weight.

Okay, well if any other old members would like to reintroduce themselves...
I love reading these intros!
Grtz,
Mieke, The netherlands

pandameisje at gmail.com