[Gpdd] Misc: Welcome Bina

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 23 19:00:53 EDT 2010

Hi, Bina! I live on the other side of the state from you, in scenic
Melrose, MA. (Where? If you know the Boston area, we're nestled
between Malden, Saugus, Wakefield, and Stoneham, just north of
Boston. I didn't know where that was until I moved here, hee hee.) I
share a house with my husband and co-slave, Steve (the major slave,
in truth) and three boars: Bumper, Brownie, and Cuddles.

Da Boyz are brothers and came to us from the Nevins Farm shelter,
which was hoping they could be adopted together. Nobody in their
right mind would take three boars together, even if they were housed
that way at the shelter, right? Steve and I looked at each other,
knew that, and immediately decided that if Da Boyz would have us,
we'd HAVE to take them just because we were the only ones we knew
crazy enough to do it. Nopiggy bit us when we handled them, so that
was that. They live in side-by-side C&C runs with a portcullis
connecting the two sides, a "back door" also connecting the two
sides, but almost always closed, because I'm informed that you must
always have an alternative exit, and a "sally port" from one side to
the outside world to let them make their own way home from lap time
and floor time. Brownie spends the night alone on one side because he
sometimes picks fights, but when we're around to supervise, we open
the portcullis so they all have access to both runs.

Their main vet thinks we're a little nuts, but in a good way. She has
a rabbit room at home that her small human kids are only allowed in
under supervision, so a portcullis is a cool kind of nuts for her.
She tells each piggy that joins us how lucky he is to have us as
slaves, which is a little embarassing. Needless to say, we love her
to bits. They also have a backup vet in the same practice, plus we
have a friend who happens to be a vet and will come over to the house
in emergencies if she's home, so we're pretty lucky for medical care.

I have two grown human kids, out of the nest. One lives with a cat
which technically belongs to a housemate, but the cat knows she's a
pushover and will sit on her lap and sleep in her bed unless evicted.
Da Boyz have decided she's OK when she visits. The other one shares
two dogs and two cats with his wife and they'll let me come over to
roll on the floor with the Corgi sometimes; Da Boyz aren't sure about
him, but he MIGHT be OK. ;-)

I look forward to reading more from you!

-ginger
co-slave to Da Boyz
remembering Niles Cougar, Clover, Butterscotch J. Furpants, and Mike
T. Pig at The Bridge