[Gpdd] Misc: Introductions

luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 24 12:45:00 EDT 2010

Hello everyone! I'm really enjoying the introductions (and getting the
GPDD again!) so I thought I would contribute my small part.

I live in Berlin, Germany with my partner and two piggies: Marius, a
neutered black teddy, 3 years old, and Hildegard, a long-hair black texel,
2 1/2 years old. Both were adopted from the wonderful local guinea pig
rescue society, "Notmeerschweinchen, e.V." (it means, roughly, "Guinea
Pigs in Need, Inc."), of which I'm a proud member. I've had guinea pigs
since I was twelve years old, and can't imagine life without them. I've
been a GPDDer for at least 15 years, originally living in Concord, New
Hampshire. When I moved to Berlin twelve years ago, naturally, I brought
my guinea pig Adelle, who weathered the move just fine and lived to a ripe
old age here in Berlin. Some GPDD old timers may remember my argument with
Lufthansa over their making Adelle fly over here in the cargo section
(grrr). I teach at the Freie Universitat when I'm not supervising floor
time with the piggies, or cleaning their cage, or buying them veggies...

Luita
Marius and Hildegard