[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS: Re-introduction - The Surrey Squeakers

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:31:06 EDT 2010

Hello everyone. My name is Stefanie and I live in Surrey, England with my husband and the younger of our two sons (but he's not that young - 23!). I am a science teacher, my husband is an estate agent, our elder son is a music teacher and our younger son runs his own business from home. My herd is called The Surrey Squeakers and they are all rescued in one way or another. They are all girls at the moment, but I have had two neutered males in the past. There are "only" 10 Squeakers now but at one time I had 21. I never intended to have that many, but my inability to say "no" means that I always take in a guinea pig who needs a new home. My piggies live outside for most of the year, a fact that I think makes them a very healthy bunch, but one that has also caused me a lot of grief when rescues claim that it makes me an unfit owner! The piggies have excellent hand-built hutches, large predator-proof pens and the freedom to come and go all day. They also have a thermostatically controlled heated shed for whenever the English weather is not suitable for them outside. The Squeakers even have their own web site so you can see them at www.surreysqueakers.co.uk
I have made lots of good friends from the gpdd. I can't remember when I joined but I'm so glad I did. I enjoy the chatroom too, where we talk about guinea pigs but other things as well!

Stefanie