[Gpdd] Announcement: My Herd of Five

ME me at buddies.org
Thu Oct 28 00:35:59 EDT 2010

I am happy to announce that all my girls are finally together.  Destiny and Joy aren't sure they like this arrangement as they've had the big enclosure all to themselves for three weeks and have been a bit more bossy than I've seen before.  I've had to scold them a couple times, but I think they'll settle pretty soon ... just a little bit of chasing, and maybe some nipping (not sure about this ... I didn't see it, but a couple times I thought the complaining I heard might have been from something more than chasing or nosing someone's back end ... still minor in any case).

Ebony, Sequoia, and Acacia, OTOH, are on cloud nine ... and probably don't even care that Destiny and Joy are being bossy.  All they know is that they are surrounded by food (their "floor" is several inches of bermuda hay) and have lots of room to run.  It's funny, when I add new ones to the big enclosure, I always give them houses, but the babies hardly ever use them.  Still I make sure they have them just in case they get spooked.

Well, hopefully everything will calm down within a day or two.  I'll pick up Destiny and Joy for their private time to reassure them that they're still mama's little girls ... and it's about time I get the babies accustomed to exams and procedures.