[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: New Member Introduction

Bina Gabbriel samscello at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:34:08 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I just joined the list and wanted to introduce myself and the members of my
caviary!

My name is Bina. I'm 46 and live in the Berkshires of Massachusetts in the
US. I work as a massage therapist at a local yoga retreat and in addition to
my pigs, have two dogs: a Chocolate Lab who's 14 1/2 and a fawn Pug who's 10
1/2. They're both girls. I'm an afficionada of science fiction television
and a few crime dramas like The Closer, Law & Order SVU, and CSI Las Vegas.
These I watch online as I don't subscribe to cable television. I live a
simple, quiet life of contemplation and service. Now, onto the pigs!

Durga - she's 1 1/2, the alpha female, Abyssinian agouti with a carmel
saddle patch
Danica - she's 10 months, Abyssinian self-chocolate. The talker of the
bunch!
Gwen - she's 8 months, Abyssinian agouti & white. She's really come out of
her shell a lot since living here.
Alice - she's 7 months, American tortoise shell. Sister to Olivia. Aunt t
Oliver. Loves to be held.
Olivia - also 7 months, American tortoise shell. Sister to Alice. Mother to
Oliver. Still a little nervous.
Oliver Blackfoot - 3 1/2 months, American tortoise shell - mostly black.
Nephew to Alice. Son to Olivia. Looking for a permanent home.

Oliver and his sister Kanani, who was adopted out, were a surprise pregnancy
when I adopted Olivia and Alice. Oliver has been living in his own apartment
right next to all the girls since he was 3 weeks of age. I give him lots of
attention. He is very gentle and sweet. And, as much as I love him, I know I
need to adopt him out to a home with another male or two so he can socialize
directly the rest of his life, rather than waiting for the girls to come to
one end of their habitat to visit him! This isn't an ad for him as much as a
summary of everyone's status at this point in time.

I'm looking forward to meeting people virtually through this list.

Thanks for being part of it!

Bina Gabbriel

--
Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, yet flooding the
river.    Malagasy Proverb

www.SANCTUARYFORKIDS.org      www.HALFTHESKY.org
www.ATTACHMENTPARENTING.org