[Gpdd] GPDD (MISC) (Moving etc.)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 08:55:22 EDT 2010

I have not been caught up but Jumping around here, and in the process of
buying a condo.  Don't get too excited it is only a studio. but it will be
mine, owned outright.

It has been hard because I have been in suspense with the piggies bun and
chin for wheeks. Anyway it is near to where we live now. I just want to get
things going.

On another note, Penny, I often think of your clever idea of using wine
cardboard boxes for piggie hideouts.  i love to use cardboard and
newspapers.  i always make sure they are clean first of course. Also I have
noticed that pigs like brown paper bags, so i sometimes get them--the small
ones, and they love it.  it is ok for them like the cardboard and they chew
it too. I like to fold the edge of the bags twice, kinda like folding up a
pant hem but it's a paper bag.  makes it sturdier. Sometimes you can just
ask the clerk at the store when you check out, for a couple of those bags
and sometimes they cost 5 cents or something. I have also purchased the
brown paper lunch bag size bags in quantities.  It is fun to watch them chew
them, and Grace you can also give them apple twigs you know, if you have an
apple tree nearby or if you are in the tropics, guava twigs, too.
I had purchased some Hutches from Jen's custom crafts, and really liked them
and the pads.  Unfortunately someone actually stole my dirty guinea pig
laundry at our condominium laundry mat.  i could hardly believe it. It
smelled like piggie shi shi (that is Hawaiian 'pidgeon' (slang) for urine.
but I think it stems from the Japanese-- Nihongo-- language.)
Well anyway that was not the end of it.  there was another bag of dirty
piggie laundry that went missing and God only knows where it is now.  So
from 5 hutches I have three left, and out of 10 of Jen's fleece pads, I am
down to only 2. I was so bummed, but then, hey, it's nothing, I mean it's
something, but at least I have my house, my family, my pets, and did not
have my house burn down like in San Bruno. I hope it was only an accident
and not struck purposely; that gas main was so close to the residences. i
really thought of the animals as well as the people there. I want to send
them healing thoughts.

On another note, Joanne, I do admire your tenacity with all the animals and
your strong love of them, actually everyone here loves animals, but you are
a great inspiration.  I grew up on meat and was vegetarian for about a year,
but went back; but now--after coming across more 'stuff' to deal with, and
the book by John Robbins, the Food Revolution, well, I don't think I can
read it all but there is a chapter in there about cancer that I wanted to
see, and then I will donate the book.  My niece, Emily, had given me the
book when she was a vegan.
Anyway, Joanne, don't be sad about your piggie aging,  it's a natural
thing.  I am glad you shared that.  I know, you miss the youthfulness, as
anyone would.  But in our world their can't be one without the other.  I
still miss all mine that went to the bridge.  I love these little souls so
much, and appreciate all the humans that care for them. Besides they (like
us), are going on to the next world when they leave this one.  We are really
souls in human bodies---spiritual beings having a human experience--and it
may be hard to see because our world is so dense.

Love,
 Ellen, Precious Piggies and bun and chin, who i promise i will send out a
recent pigture of soon, Fugly the chin has gotten bigger,a nd he loves
oranges and bananas (treats) along with his chin pellets...