[Gpdd] VIRTUAL Pandora reads the Digest

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Sep 15 07:36:56 EDT 2010

Hey gang! Have you read the digest yet this morning? It says here that one of us has volunteered to pigsit at Velvet's wedding.

Sapphire: I don't think so. Puff was more than a match for me. I am too old for such shenanigans. I aim to enjoy myself at the wedding.

Pandora:  Hope and I will be busy with our nursing duties. Spooky reckons that there will be a payment of two carrots.

Polo: That lets me out. I don't like carrots and, anyway, I will be busy being a secret agent.

Crystal: It's not fair. All the boys here get to be secret agents - what about us girls?

Garnet: It's not our fault. When our esteemed leader, Agent F, was recruiting, it just so happened that all the breeds and colours that he required fitted us boars. Maybe Agent Ghost will be after more agents soon and one of the girls might fit the bill.

Girls: mutter-mutter-mutter.......push, shove.....

Copper: I just love carrots but I think that a girl should be in charge of minipigs.

Lavender: Sexist pig!

Florence: How much work would this entail? I am partial to a carrot or three.

Pandora: Too right! You snatched mine this morning. Spooky has posted that someone needs to take care of Hector so that he and Woopy can have some time alone.

Lilac and Casanova: Aaahh! That's nice.

Pandora: Volunteering then you two? Thought not. How about it Florence?

Florence: I think that this sounds like a great deal of work for just two carrots. How many minipigs will be there? Now, if I could negotiate a pay rise, maybe Dandelion and I could work together.

Dandelion: Huh! How did I get involved with all this?

Florence: You are the newest Piggyfriend, so you get to do what we tell you.

Fennel: Quit bossing everyone about Florence. I think that you should do it as Hector looks like you and he might think that you are his mum and behave himself.

Pandora: From what we have heard from Spooky, behaving is the last thing on Hector's mind.

Chorus of  "Florence for pigsitter" from the gang.

Florence: I'll have to give this some consideration. Maybe two carrots, two cucumber slices and a chicory leaf.

Peony and Petunia: Do they have chicory in Australia? Not-so-lil'Woop wrote in the blog this morning that it is not available everywhere.

Chorus of  " Oh, no. How dreadful " from the gang.

Barley and Rye: We don't like it much anyway.

Moonlight: More fool you then ( said very quietly ).

Florence: Well then. How about a romaine leaf instead of the chicory. How about that Dandelion?

Dandelion: Let's give it a try but if those minipigs misbehave, I am resigning.

Pandora: That's settled then, unless another piggy volunteers from another group. ( paws crossed ). Now for some important news. It is Bertie Pig's second adoption day so let us all raise a glass of carrot wine in his honour.

Happy Adoption Day Bertie. Hip, hip, hooray. Cheers Bertie! We hope to see you and Princess Snowflake in Australia.

Love to all from Pandora, spokespig for the Piggyfriends in England.