[Gpdd] MISC: our Capt. Jack!

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 16:56:14 EDT 2010

This is a story we've heard many times, and I'd be happy if I never heard it again, but here goes:  a girl begged her father to get her a guinea pig.  The father did so.  The girl got bored with the guinea pig so the father was left to care for it.  Of course, he got tired of taking care of the guinea pig and was about to 'let it loose into the wild' (there's lots of wilderness around here!).  He managed to tell the tale to a former co-worker's of Michael's and she called him and Michael called me.  I said to him, you know my answer, I'll leave it up to you!  So the next day, Michael came home with a guinea pig that is a little over a year old.  He looked like he was treated nicely, his bedding was carefresh although his food was okay and his dish and water bottle needed some good scrubbings.  He wasn't given much hay, nor any fresh veggies.  He came with a name but looking him over and recalling that my brother and sister-in-law had recently
 met THE Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow -- they were filming "Pirates of the Caribbean" (4th one) in Hawaii for a couple of weeks and he would occasionally meet fans 'in costume'), well, that seemed the perfect name for our newest piggie!  Except that I've chosen to spell his name "Capt. Jack."  He sort of has a 'patch' over one eye, very piratey!  :)  He was rather quiet the first two wheeks, but now, wow! this guy can WHEEK!  As with all our piggies, he's somewhat humbug, but has the most amazing cuuuute face!  And he knows how to use it!!  I just melt whenever he shows me that adorable little face!

On a related subject, we've been trying to put together a page with our piggies on roadrunner but haven't been successful.  Well, the pictures scroll there, but we can't put any words, like their names!  We're still trying.

So, please welcome Capt. Jack to the GPDD family!

mommy corrine and daddy michael