[Gpdd] BREEDING [information] and cucumbers

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Sep 19 06:31:12 EDT 2010

Hello Linda,

As the average piggy pregnancy lasts for 67-73 days, if you have had Abigail
for 10 whole weeks,  it does seem unlikely that she is pregnant. What a
relief!

All of my piggies eat up every scrap of cucumber but I have had the odd one
or two in the past who didn't like the skin and would nibble out all of the
centre. Then another one of the herd would come along and finish the skin. I
remember one who preferred the skin and would leave the middles for another
piggy.

The skin is perfectly safe for piggies to eat but do wash it first if it has
come from a shop. They don't seem to mind bitter tastes. One has only to
witness the stampede when I hand out chicory, which I find very bitter.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.