[Gpdd] Gpdd (Care) (Carrot tops)

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:03:37 EDT 2010

Hi Jaime,
I get a bunch of organic carrots with tops sometimes at the health food
store.  After washing it and drying it as much as possible, it helps keep
the tops fresh if you wrap them in small bundles in paper towels/napkins and
store in the vegetable bin of your refrigerator.  Also, clean newspaper can
be used instead.
It seems that putting them in a plastic bag may help, but they will keep
longer if you wrap them in something like paper towels or newspaper.  If I
get anything for the piggies that they won't eat right away I always do this
including dill, romaine (cos) lettuce, etc. the paper absorbs the moisture
and prolongs the shelf life. With romaine lettuce and celery I cut the base
sop it stays fresher.
And of course, with celery I de-string as much as possible and chop it up
before giving it to the piggies.

 Hope that helps.
~Ellen and precious piggies, bun and chin
In Loving memory of all beloved animals loved by the creator whether or not
loved by humankind; and in loving memory of my sister, Judy, who told me how
to save lettuce in the fridge and was an excellent cook