[Gpdd] CARE-cage top

Susanna Brodmerkle sqrtcookies at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 23:50:11 EDT 2010

Hey everybody-I need suggestions on making a cat-proof top for a 2X4 C&C cage.
I'm planning on getting the orginazational shelving from Lowe's or Home
Depot-however, not sure if I should get the 14" or 16" wide shelving. Thinking
16"-that's what it says on the C&C website... But, I need suggestions on
attaching it-does one just use cable ties? Also-I saw a few pigtures on the site
that had a PVC "leg"  under the middle of the top for extra support. Does
anybody have this? and how do you attatch it? Any help on these subjects would
be welcomed :) my two piggies and I are moving in with the boyfriend and his 2
cats, and I do NOT want any mishaps.

Also I'm considering adding a 2nd story to their cage. Any ideas on
construction/how big it should be? I saw a cage on ebay that had the 2nd story
as big as the 1st, with just a small ramp-but that seemed rather.... dark on the
1st floor. I was thinking either across the back, as a 1X3, or across one end,
as a 1X2. With the ramp in the middle so they can run laps on the odd occasion
that they decide to actually run laps :) -probably the across the end route
would be best, then adding the ramp to the middle would be easy. Also any
ramp-making ideas would be awesome.
Any suggestions, and or pig-tures would be greatly appreciated...
Please email me privately-I'm months behind on the GPDD and won't get it read if
it's sent to the list!
Thanks a ton everybody!
Susanna

the Piglets-Casper and Junior  (~..~)
Remembering UCDX Tesoro CGC ASCA CDX, Snippers, BadPig, AuntiePig, RoomiePig and
Mums at the Bridge