[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Harmony: April 28, 2007 - September 27, 2010

ME me at buddies.org
Tue Sep 28 02:09:39 EDT 2010

I don't know how much more I can endure.  I know Harmony hasn't been herself since Grace passed away in May, and started really going down when we lost Melody, her best buddy, in June, but I really thought she might be coming around.  She just seemed to get old overnight when Melody was gone.  She seemed okay this morning, alert and eating, but she was gone when I came home in the afternoon.  Our webcam indicates she left us around 1:30 p.m.

I feel so guilty about how I felt about her.  We got her and Melody at the same time, and I bonded immediately with Melody ... but not with her.  She was more standoffish and didn't like to cuddle, while Melody was a people pig from the beginning.  These last few months she let me get closer to her ... still not a cuddlepig, but more than just tolerating handling.  I wish I insisted on spending more time with her, but maybe she wouldn't have wanted that.

Right now I have to keep my attention on Providence, who has been battling a very stubborn UTI.  She's been on Amikacin since Wednesday as oral antibiotics haven't worked.  She'll be going to the vet tomorrow as he will be out until next Wednesday.  I don't know what state I'll be in if I lose her, too.