[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Harmony: April 28, 2007 - September 27, 2010

ME me at buddies.org
Wed Sep 29 00:01:19 EDT 2010

Rayna and Shakira, thank you for your thoughts.  I'm sorry you lost Carmen recently.  It's so incredible how these small animals take a huge part of our hearts.  I'll always have a special place for Harmony.

Providence went to the vet today.  It looks like the UTI is getting better, so the Amikacin is working.  It looks like there are more crystals in her bladder, so I'm going to try to flush them out with fluids, vit. C, and cranberry juice.  Hopefully she won't need surgery.

Joanie, thank you for your thoughts.  I do know that each pig has their own personality and likes to be handled differently ... so I interact with them differently.  They are individuals.  Harmony was her own special person.  I still wish we spent more time together when she was well ... but maybe she wouldn't have wanted it that way.

Carole,  thank you for your thoughts about BG and Artie.  You know, I say I can't take anymore ... and kind of feel like these should be the last piggies I have ... but I've felt that way before ... and I end up finding a few little fuzzies that tug at my heart ... and before I know it, I have a small herd again.  It's very strange just having three ... I think it's been over ten years since I've had so few ... but I won't be getting any new little ones for at least six months, I think ... or at least not until Providence is healthy again.

Jaime and Mimi, thank you for your thoughts.  For a long time I only had single pigs ... but now I can't imagine going back to that.  I love watching them interact ... with me as well as their cavy friends ... and it's great when they gang up on me for veggies.  :)  It's tough when they go so close together, but I also had several years with these six piggies, with only a few minor illnesses.