[Gpdd] HEALTH: Panacur

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 18:57:24 EDT 2010

Cuddles has been losing weight despite eating, pooping, and peeing up
a storm. He's been to the vet twice. A course of Bactrim didn't
change anything. He still isn't exactly skinny, but the trend is
undeniable so a stool sample was taken yesterday (I have to say he
was quite generous providing poops in the vet's office), but it
didn't show any parasites. The vet has put him on seven days of
Panacur in case he has parasites that just didn't show up. He and his
brothers have never had this med while they've been living here,
which I think is a year and nine months now. (Bad Slave, never
remembers anniversaries.)

Are there any side effects we should look for? Does Cuddles have to
be separated from his brothers? He'd hate that, but if it has to be
done.... The vet didn't say to.

-ginger
co-slave to the boars Cuddles, Bumper, and Brownie