[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Baby Boar /Big Boar Introduction

warmbreath warmbreath at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 01:28:18 EDT 2011

Hi Pat  Horatio is at a good age right now as he will impress Virgil as a
baby, that’s how I did Sammy and Manny and I think it really helps.  Still
follow every single step for safety in the procedures whee have outlined and
for sure the big salad in the middle.  With Manny he rumblestrutted and
Brrrrr'd and strutted his stuff, he sniffed Sammy's butt and made advances.
Sammy's speed helped, I used a large walk-in shower with me, the 2 pigs, the
salad and thick towels to throw over them if it goy rough.  Sammy's speed
and the fact there was enough room gave him his edge. I didn't interfere at
all, just a looming presence.  I let Manny mount Sammy, who looked like a
toy next to Manny, then unbelievably Sammy ran around and mounted Manny, it
was LOL funny. After that they were done and proceeded to the salad.

As Sammy grew though, he became a virile young boar and within a year,
dominated Manny.  I think Manny was disappointed, don’t ask me how I know, I
just watched them allot and I am very sure.  So be sure to support Virgil
and give him lots of love and attention on an ongoing basis.  This happens
in any piggy society so it's natural (except multiple boars and sows
together doesn’t work). The best way I think is that they always live with
companions and become used to it.  Also remember that 2 boars need more
space than one, 2 water bottles, feed dishes etc.

See if 2 pigloos are needed before you put the second one in, but have one
ready, maybe they will like to sleep together. If not get Horatio his own,
maybe starting with a small one or grass hut. Of course Virgil may claim it,
but they will work it out.  Remember also there have been many success's
bonding adult boars. Good luck, Sandy and Sammy