[Gpdd] SILLY: Piggies naming themselves

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Apr 18 06:07:51 EDT 2011

I have often named a piggy for their looks but not for their behaviour but
the couple who are now my Rodentologists' first piggy was called Oinkypig
for the noise that he made. In the UK, we often refer to a guinea pig's
sound as "oinking" rather than "wheeking".

Oinkypig should be remembered as a national a hero as he was taken to the
CCT ( Cambridge Cavy Trust ) rather than to a traditional vet and was
instrumental in his Slaves meeting Peter Gurney and Vedra and deciding to
train to become Rodentologists themselves.

The Piggyfriends and I are forever grateful to Oinkypig as are hundreds,
probably thousands, of piggies and their slaves in the UK for the excellent
treatment that they receive. We are raising a glass or two of carrot wine in
his honour.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.