[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: New piggie or not?

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Apr 20 14:22:14 EDT 2011

Joanie,

Those of us who always have "room for one more" are probably not the best
people to advise you as to whether you can take on another piggy. You must
decide for yourself if you can manage the extra commitment. It won't take
much longer to clean out two cages. You will need a second one for
quarantine anyway and if Puff does not get on with the newcomer, they can
live companionably side by side. Puff will enjoy a friend which whom to chat
when you are out.

My herd, which varies between 20-30, occasionally more, are cleaned out
every morning. I can do the whole lot in one hour. Pens are much quicker to
clean than cages as there are no bases to clean. Change the newspaper and
hay, put new paper in the hideys, fill the bowls, put in heaps of food, move
on to the next one.............

This poor piggy is sorely in need of a loving, caring home and you might
just be the person to do this. Does anyone else in this group live near you
and could take this little one home? I'd be along to that pet store like a
shot!

Puff will not think any less of you for having another piggy. If mine are
anything to go by, the more the merrier is their motto. Piggies are social
animals and are designed to be part of a herd. My groups of sows spend
endless hours gossiping amongst themselves. They really are very gregarious.
My boars live happily in pairs. Everyone has a friend.

If you decide to take on little Miss Pink, do make absolutely sure that she
is a she before making any intros!

Need any help with intros if you decide to go ahead? Just ask! There are
many of us who have done this countless times over.

Hugs for Puff.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.