[Gpdd] MISC: Marsha Weaver of Cozycavy.Com

Bunsnpigs bunsnpigs at aol.com
Fri Apr 29 13:38:26 EDT 2011

Have any of you heard of The Cozy Cavy?  Marsha Weaver makes amazing pads, cozies, and other fuzzy things for our little furballs and donates much of her profits and items to guinea pig rescues.  See her website here: http://www.cozycavy.com.  You can also see pictures of her guinea pigs on this site.

Marsha and her family live near Huntsville, Alabama and were caught in this last terrible tornado that swept through their town.  Their house and cars were destroyed and the family has sustained injuries.  Their daughter is still in the hospital and their doggy may lose his eye.  Their furbabies could not be rescued because it came on so fast.  She had many ratties and guinea pigs.  They lived in her newly built animal and sewing room, an addition that was added specifically so she could help more animals.  Amazingly, today one of the piggies was found alive!

The guinea pig community has come together to help Marsha and her family. One of the volunteers with Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue runs a blog for sponsoring rescues, but now we are helping sponsor Marsha.  If you would like to see the latest and hopefully contribute even just a little, here is the site.  We are hoping to raise enough to make a difference for Marsha and her family.

http://sponsoraguineapig.blogspot.com/

Judi L.
Virginia